What is FOMS?
FOMS is the Foundations of Open Media Standards and Software developer workshop, run in un-conference style with organised sessions determined by the participats.
It is a meetup of software developers and tinkerers of all stripes who gather to collaborate, code, and lay plans for future open video technologies and standards.
FOMS provides a unique environment where open source media technology developers, Web developers, browser vendors, and media standards developers meet and discuss open media software, including the Web platform as it relates to multimedia applications.
We'd particularly like to encourage open source media software developers to participate to gain further breadth in topics over the two days of this year's conference.
For more information see the Schedule page.
Join the mailing list
Consider joining the foms mailing list for this and future FOMS events.
Interested in attending?
Register through Eventbrite.
Then join the foms mailing list and drop us a line about topics you're interested in.
There are also a couple of travel sponsorships available for open source media software developers. Please email the organisers for more information.
Ellation HQ: 835 Market St., Ste. 700, San Francisco, CA 94103
- Link to FOMS 2017 in San Francsico
- Link to FOMS 2016 in San Francsico
- Link to FOMS 2015 in San Francsico
- Link to FOMS 2015 in Brussels, Belgium
- Link to FOMS 2013 in San Francisco
- Link to FOMS 2012 in Paris
- Link to OVC - OMS 2011 in NY
- Link to FOMS 2010 in NY
- Link to FOMS 2010 in Wellington, NZ
- Link to FOMS 2009 in Hobart, Tasmania
- Link to FOMS 2008 in Melbourne, AU
- Link to FOMS 2007 in Sydney, AU