What is FOMS 2023?
FOMS is back! Were back to discussing video engineering challenges and standardization opportunities. FOMS is the Foundations of Open Media Standards and Software developer workshop, run in un-conference style with organized sessions determined by the participants.
It is a meetup of software developers and tinkerers of all stripes who gather to collaborate, code, and lay plans for future open video technologies and standards.
FOMS provides a unique environment where open source media technology developers, Web developers, browser vendors, and media standards developers meet and discuss open media software, including the Web platform as it relates to multimedia applications.
We'd particularly like to encourage open source media software developers to participate to gain further breadth in topics over the two days of this year's conference.
For more information see the Schedule.
Join the mailing list
Consider joining the foms mailing list for this and future FOMS events.
Interested in attending?
Register through eventbrite
Then join the foms mailing list and drop us a line about topics you're interested in.
There may be couple of travel sponsorships available for open source media software developers. Please email the organizers for more information.
Code of conduct
We have adopted confcodeofconduct.com towards code of conduct for the workshop.
Notes from sessions
- Link to FOMS 2022 in SF
- FOMS 2019 in SF - missing website ( but it happened! ) :)
- Link to FOMS 2019 in NY
- Link to FOMS 2018 in SF
- Link to FOMS 2017 in SF
- Link to FOMS 2016 in San Francsico
- Link to FOMS 2015 in San Francsico
- Link to FOMS 2015 in Brussels, Belgium
- Link to FOMS 2013 in San Francisco
- Link to FOMS 2012 in Paris
- Link to OVC - OMS 2011 in NY
- Link to FOMS 2010 in NY
- Link to FOMS 2010 in Wellington, NZ
- Link to FOMS 2009 in Hobart, Tasmania
- Link to FOMS 2008 in Melbourne, AU
- Link to FOMS 2007 in Sydney, AU